Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation: Aderonke Evaluation Write-up

Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

The opening scene of our film uses, develop/challenge forms and conventions of real media products. it's a killer horror style that features a psychopath the main character decimates his girlfriends. This genre we chose mixes also psychological horror and romance horror factors because it has the ability to make films look more realistic, especially from the title ''Deadly Love'' by this title it is already obvious that the opening scene is based on horror. The use of the word ''Deadly'' expresses that there is going to be death scenes shown and it will be over love. It also connects and associates with other horror films such as Annabelle. Moreover, I think our project is quite different from the rest of the horror film because the opening scene is very unique, engaging and leaves you to question yourself in which most horror film doesn't do.
In addition, I think that the mise-en-scene that has been used in this project extremely helped with our project looking better. As, we took the mise-en-scene very seriously especially the lighting as we took consideration on where the light should be and how it should be placed and also the scene we put effort in most scenes by using a lot of décor and props etc. I think that the costume was very effective as it was very deceiving for the main character to look smart yet evil on the inside which created a shock on the audiences faces due to the thought of the main character could possibly be the victim but he was clearly not. Overall, I think that we put a massive impact of effort into our project because the outcome that came out was magnificent.

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Our product represents particular social groups in many groups such as class, gender, age and sexuality and many other binary structures. In our project, it meets most of the binary structures as to some horror films haven't. As the main characters in movies are still played by white people.
In Deadly Love, all the characters seen are of black African ethnic background so we challenged this on going tendency by having black people present the opening film and see whether there will be any effects and differences and in my opinion I think there was.

We have used the common stereotypical representation as to the main character was portrayed as tough, bold, player and dominated whereas his girlfriends soft, fragile, innocent, victimised and vulnerable. As a result the female is always the one who gets killed. This is associated with younger adults/ teenagers as they are the main audience that will be interested in this opening scene due to the genre of the film being horror.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


 I think that BBC could possible distribute for my media project especially BBC THREE because I think that our project could relate to the company because there are some examples of films that has been showed on BBC THREE such as ''In the Flesh'' that are similar to mine. Also, the project is based in the UK and acted by young teenagers. The company is large and extremely popular as the BBC THREE audience are mainly teenagers and young adults. If our project was shown, I think that there will be a fair chance of my project being successful and quite popular and this could be broadcasted everywhere.

 

Who would be your target audience for your media product?

I think the target audience or Deadly Love would be age 15+ due to graphical scenes as the film covers more mature factors such as psychopaths killing vulnerable victims because in that way I think that they will not be influenced to copy such things. Also, they will be able to enjoy and connect with the project as they would even think that they're involve or they see themselves being one of the characters.


How did you attract/address your audience?

Since our film was targeted on young adults and teenagers, we thought that we should make effort and apply make up on our faces and dress a way that may attract the audience for the girls and this successfully worked. Also, for the main character we made him dress extremely sophisticated so that he can attempt to look handsome. Overall, we ended up advertising our project through Facebook and started telling our friends too and this also helped attract more audiences.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt a lot about technologies from the process of constructing the product one of the things I have learnt is that there is more to it than just pressing the recording button and filming, like the concept of it such as the mise-en-scene, lighting, camera shots and angles etc. They all make the whole filming look its best. Also, I learnt you have to continuously film one scene more than once so that when it is edited it will be filled with different shots/angles and it will flow.
Also, I learnt how to edit on Adobe Premiere Pro to an extent of overlapping clips together to make a complete scene. In the editing I have learnt in depth to edit a clip from YouTube and my teacher this helped me understand the process of editing. I sometimes enjoy editing but sometimes once I do the same thing again it gets quite boring.

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


From the preliminary task, I have learnt quite a lot in the progression from the full product because I have gained a lot of impact of the knowledge of media techniques. The preliminary task helped me with the basics on what to do to create a complete film as it helped my group and I to develop the work further this helped because I have to admit that our opening scene was extremely well done, our product looked advanced as it looks like it was created by professionals. 
I also learnt that its about team work, communication, determination and commitment in making a film, during the time we were doing our preliminary task I learnt that we all had to communicate and listen to each other, which we carried on when we had to create our opening scene, this made my group stronger.
Overall, I am please to complete and be involve with the process of media because it has helped me feel more comfortable with the knowledge of media and made me feel proud about the whole completed outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment